The Aged Care Guide website has been created by DPS
Publishing for the express purpose of promoting its products and services to the public. All parts
of this website are only for an individual's viewing and no material, either content or visual may
be used; in part or whole, except with the premission from Aged Care Guide. Aged Care Guide monitors
the quality of the information available on this website and updates the information regularly.
Security of the Aged Care
Aged Care Guide applies a range of security controls to protect its website from unauthorised
access. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that
gives rise to a potential risk that a user's transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified
by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling
codes, worms or other devices or defects.
Aged Care Guide accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer
system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this web site or its use. Users
are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from
this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user's
computer system, software or data.
However, Aged Care Guide does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from
or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on
this web site or on any linked site. Aged Care Guide recommends that users exercise their own skill
and care with respect to their use of this web site and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy,
currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the web site for their purposes.
Links to external
This web site contains links to other websites that are external to the Aged Care Guide website.
Aged Care Guide takes reasonable care in linking websites but has no direct control over the content
of the linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the
responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and
correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on
those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites.
Users of links provided by this website are responsible for being aware of which organisation is
hosting the website they visit.
Information collection/ your privacy
We make every effort to adhere to the Guidelines for developed by the Australian Privacy
Commissioner. In particular, we seek to comply with Information Privacy Principles 1 to 3 and 10 and
11 of the Privacy Act 1988 (a copy of the Act is available at SCALEplus the legal information
retrieval system owned by the Australian Attorney Generals Department).
This page explains the type of information that is collected by us, how such information is used,
and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed.
DPS Publishing Pty Ltd (we, us, our) collects your personal information in order to provide you with
product information and services, handle or respond to your requests, enable the sale of any
products that may be available for purchase through our site, and otherwise facilitate your use of
our site and products that we provide.
We may be unable to provide these products and services, or adequately respond to your requests and
needs, if we do not collect this personal information.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, and by providing us with
your personal information you consent to us doing so. However, if you do not wish to receive
marketing or promotional communications from us, please notify our Privacy Officer (whose details
We do not usually disclose your personal information to third parties; however we may do so to
certain contractors and related bodies corporate in some circumstances. Generally we are not likely
to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
us and seek correction of such information. It also contains information about how you may complain
about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the
content of such websites. We have no knowledge if cookies or other tracking devices are used on
Clickstream data and cookies
When visiting this website our site server makes a
record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc.) - this allows us to tailor browser
or platform specific parts of the site to each operating system because browsers act differently
on each platform;
- the user's server address - this allows us to consider the visitors who use the site most, and
tailor the site to their interests and needs;
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc.) - this can allow us to
tailor information relevant to different domains;
- the date and time of the visit to the site - this is important for identifying the website's
busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded - this indicates to us which pages or documents are most
important to our users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to
- duration of the visit - this indicates to us how interesting and informative our site is to our
- geographic location - this shows us how well marketed our site is internationally;
- the site visited prior to our website - this helps us determine the interests of our users and
which sites are providing links to ours as well as sites where we may be able to seek links;
No attempt will be made to identify users or their
browsing activities unless legally compelled to do
so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant
to inspect the Internet Service Provider's log files.
Need further information?
You can obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner's
Terms & Conditions
any part of this website.
- While DPS has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material on this
website ("Material"), it is subject to change and there may be inaccuracies, errors and
- DPS reserves the right to change, and or remove any Material in or from the website without
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this website
is free from viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your
The Aged Care Guide website has been created by DPS
the express purpose of promoting its products
and services to the public. All parts of this website are only for an individual's viewing and no
Material, either content or visual may be used; in part or whole, except with the permission of
- You must not:
use this website in breach of any applicable laws or regulations;
use this website to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to
upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) any Material that:
- is not your original work, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could
reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the intellectual property or
other rights of another person;
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or
- exploits another person in any manner;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or sexual acts or references;
- includes an image or personal information of another person or persons unless
you have their consent;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be
misleading or deceptive;
- contains large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden content;
- contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to
limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
promotes or solicits any goods or services or commercial activities (except
expressly permitted or authorised by us); or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice;
- use any robot, spider, or other device or process to retrieve, index, or in any way
modify or circumvent the navigational structure, security or presentation of this website;
- use this website with the assistance of any automated scripting tool or software;
- frame or mirror any part of this website without our prior written authorisation;
- use code or other devices containing any reference to this website to direct other persons
other web page;
- except to the extent permitted by law, modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse
decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of this website or cause any other
to do so; or
- delete any attributions or legal or proprietary notices on this website.
- By uploading, transmitting, posting or otherwise making available any Material via this website,
grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce,
edit and exploit the Material;
- warrant that you have the right to grant the abovementioned licence; and
- unconditionally waive all moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968) which you
may have in respect of the Material.
- We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review, modify, reformat, reject or remove any
Material which you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload,
post, transmit or otherwise make available) that, in our opinion, violates these terms or
otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person.
- We are not responsible for, and accept no liability with respect to, any Material uploaded,
posted, transmitted or otherwise made available on this website by any person other than us. For
the avoidance of doubt, we will not be taken to have uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise
made Material available on this website simply by facilitating others to post, transmit or other
make Material available. Furthermore, we do not endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by
any person other than us.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- The Material on this website is intended only to provide general information. We recommend that
you exercise your own skill and care with respect to your use of this website and that you
carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the Material on the
website for your purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, DPS:
Excludes all implied conditions and warranties;
- Is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including
negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with the use of
this website; and
- Excludes liability howsoever arising for any special, indirect or consequential loss or
damage, including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data,
suffered or incurred in connection with this website.
- Without limiting the general disclaimer, DPS:
Makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any Material or as to its
fitness for a particular purpose;
- Does not warrant that the Material or the Material on any linked website does not
infringe the intellectual property rights of any person;
- Does not warrant that the functions contained in this website or third-party websites
will be uninterrupted or without error, that defects will be corrected, or that
electronic Material in the website and other third-party website free of viruses or
other harmful components.
- Will not be liable for disruptions to this website; and
- Is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer
systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or any external site to which
a link is provided.
- Where any law implies a warranty into
DPS' liability is limited to resupplying the Material or cost of resupply of the Material at
- You must indemnify DPS and keep DPS fully indemnified against all liabilities, damages,
losses, costs and expenses which DPS may incur to a third party or you as a result of your
Links to or from other sites
- For your convenience and information, this website contains links to other third party websites.
Such websites do not form part of this website and are not under our control and we do not accept
any responsibility in connection with any such website. If you link to any such websites, you leave
this website entirely at your own risk. DPS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy
or any other aspect of the information on those linked sites.
- This website may feature or display third party advertising. By featuring or displaying such
advertising, we do not in any way represent that we recommend or endorse the relevant advertiser,
its products or services.
- If you contact a third party using functionality provided on this website, including via e-mail, we
do not accept any responsibility for any communications or transactions between you and the relevant
- You must not create or maintain any link from another website to this website without our prior
Intellectual property rights
- Unless otherwise indicated, we reserve all copyright in the content and design of this website. We
own all copyright or use it under licence or applicable law.
- You may only access and use the Material for your own personal, non-commercial purpose. You may
print out any Material in this website for your personal use only.
- No Material in this website is to be used, copied, modified, transmitted, stored, published or
distributed without the prior written consent of DPS.
- We own the trademark "DPS Guide to Aged Care" and other trade marks included in this website and
reserve all rights in relation to them. Other product and company names referred to on this website
may be owned by third parties.
- The website, products, technologies and process contained or referred to in this website may be the
subject of other intellectual property rights owned by DPS or third parties. No licence is granted
- Those persons with access to DPS' Client and member login areas ("Subscribers") must not distribute
their passwords or usernames to any other person, body or Corporation.
- DPS may occasionally send Subsribers an email or letter containing information that may be of
benefit; details about improvements to the website and offers that may be useful.
terminate that Subscriber's subscription without notice.
- We may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (including the IP
address, domain name and browser time), the date and time of access and details of the information
- If any provision of these terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the
invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these
terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver of any term of these terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or
any other term. Any failure to assert any right under these terms shall not constitute a waiver of
- These Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of South Australia.
You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in South Australia to determine any matter
or dispute which arises under these terms.
This website is copyright and cannot be downloaded,
displayed or printed for any commercial gain or use.
Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act
1968 all other rights are reserved. Requests for further authorisation should be directed to DPS
Publishing by contacting us.
You are not permitted to re-transmit, distribute or
commercialise the information or material without seeking prior written approval from DPS Publishing.
You are also not permitted to enter, access or duplicate the web site source code, systems, databases,
data or mechanics the comprise the website and its various business functions.
It is absolutely forbidden to copy the data on the website
and use it for business or commercial purposes. It is forbidden to use any robot, spider, site search
and retrieval application or other mechanism to retrieve or index any portion of the Site.
All copyright, data, text, software, images, graphics,
trademarks, logos, interfaces, photographs, and other intellectual property (Content) on the website is
owned, controlled by, or licensed to DPS. Except for viewing the Content for your own personal
non-commercial use, DPS does not grant you any rights to use the website or Content for any other
purpose unless it expressly consents in writing.
Thank you for purchasing the DPS Guide to Aged Care.
The information contained within the DPS Guide assists
older people, their families and carers to make informed decisions about services they may require.
Some professionals also use the DPS Guide when they are
consulting with people who may require detailed information.
Businesses that use the DPS Guide as their 'bible' to
providers of aged care services in Australia benefit from the detailed lists.
It is important to remember, however, that it is a breach
of copyright laws to directly copy the information from the DPS Guide.
Copyright is a legal protection for
certain categories of material, including writing, visual images,
music and moving images. Copyright protection gives the copyright owner the right to control certain
uses of such material, including reproduction and electronic communication to the public. Usually, the
copyright owner is the only one entitled to use the material in these ways, and anyone else who does so
without permission will infringe copyright.
Copying may be defined as either a direct image copy (such
as a photocopy) as well as transferring the text (data) into your own data base (such as typing the
lists of aged care homes, addresses, phone numbers into a spread sheet, word document or data base).
DPS has integrated some data into the system that is
unique to the DPS Guide to enable DPS to track where breaches of the Copyright Act occur.
Copyright breaches are a criminal offence and significant
fines are applied by the courts.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to
call or email us.
Phone: (08) 8276
7999 or Email Us